Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Who cleans this joint?

So I've been getting rather fed up with the soccer team, not because of practice or what not, but because of where we practice. There are 2 gyms on the north side of campus, and I don't think they've been cleaned in years.

The first gym has 2 floors, one is the court, and the 2nd has seating for those who want to watch whatever is going on on the court. This second floor is where we change and stretch and get ready for practice basically before we can enter the gym floor, and it is so incredibly dirty. Theres hair, dust, trash, junk, you name it, all just lying around, on the same ground we stretch on. It's positively disgusting.

Now I'm not saying that I'm the cleanest person in the world. After all I am a Wald...But my allergies just go insane in this place. During and after practice I am constantly hacking and sniveling and such and it's really really annoying. The bathroom is also a complete mess. I don't think it has been touched in several years.

Every once in awhile I see this little building manager running around and stuff, but I don't think he ever cleans...at all.

As for some of the other classrooms and such, it really depends on the faculty, or so I've heard. The international student center is usually...relatively...kind of clean, and I've seen a little cleaning crew run around before, but the classrooms in the ISC are still pretty dirty. The econ building I've been in is usually kept pretty clean actually which is nice, same thing with the Slavic research center, however this other building (insert name here because I don't actually know it) was pretty dirty.


Man I guess I am just a spoiled moron American...

3 comments:

  1. We are always clean and tidy. Organization is another matter. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of surprised. I don't think of overly dirty and messy when I think of Japanese people, quite the opposite actually.

    ReplyDelete