Sunday, October 11, 2009

Purin





















If you look out your window, and you see that it is raining in Sapporo, don't worry about grabbing your umbrella because by the time you get downstairs, get your shoes on and walk out the door, it will have stopped. Likewise, if you look out your window and see blue sky and sunlight, grab all the rain gear you've got because it will be pouring by the time you walk of your front door. This has happened to me twice now. :(

So today I woke up for the second time in a row at 6:45. The Japanese word for 'sleepy' is nemui, pronounced: ne (like eh) moo - i (as in e like me). Needless to say I was feeling pretty nemui when I woke up, but today we had 2 soccer games!!

The team members that didn't have a car gathered in the designated spot and we waited around as some of the older students with cars showed up. Then we all packed in (Japanese cars are small btw) and set off for Hokkai Daigaku. It was about an hour away, pretty much on the other side of Sapporo, if we were even in Sapporo anymore. The first picture is after about 15 minutes of driving, it's of the mountains that you can see from the Hokudai campus.

The second picture is of a tower that I could see right before we arrived at the other college, but was unable to see it from that college. In the second picture, you can barely see the tip of it behind the nets. Its shape was very irregular and I asked my friend in the car about it and I think he said it has something to do with Hokkaido's History.

In the next picture, you can barely see the mountains that are on the other side of the city, that are visible from this campus. Its pretty cool to be able to see mountains in the background of where you live. You can also see that the soccer field is made up of a kind of hard green dirt stuff? I really don't know how to describe it. It seemed similar to the material that tracks are made out of, but has seen some wear n tear. And for some reason I can't post any more pictures into this entry...on to the next!