Sunday, September 27, 2009

'Splorin

So yesterday and today I had a bit of time to myself so I decided to do a little bit of 'splorin...(exploring). Armed with a handful of yen, a small map and a bottle of water, I set out from my dorm.

My first stop was a small cafeteria my friend Suguru had taken me to the day before. I had only eaten cocoa krispies in the morning so I was quite hungry. Upon arrival I found that the building (clark hall)was closed. Fail. So I decided to go to another building I had been to earlier where I had seen another cafeteria. Thank god it was open. I quickly ordered some Chicken tatuta which is basically dark meat fried chicken, soy sauce on top of white rice, needless to say it was pretty good.

After finishing my meal, I decided to try to find the gym. I had its location on the map and headed in its direction. Halfway there I found a small lake in the middle of campus which was quite serene and nice. I think it ties with mirror lake for beauty. Pictures as soon as I can figure out how to get them up on here.

Before I reached the gym, I heard a Japanese voice being projected over a mic system from a distance, and as I grew closer to the gym, I found a game of lacross going on. It was on an enclosed field and it looked like you had to pay to get any closer so I just stood outside the fence for awhile watching. I couldn't tell who was who but it looked like fun.

After walking a bit farther, I saw another field where an American football practice was going on. I walked a bit closer to watch for awhile and found it pretty amuzing. Both the offence and the defense had these little chants they would yell as they broke their huddle, and their teammates on the sidelines were constantly yelling things as well. It was pretty fun to watch, and maybe I will get some play time in hehe...

After that I found the gym, which was the size of the bathrooms at the R-PAC. But it has everything one would need for a decent workout, so I'm sure it will be fine.

That was the end of my adventure yesterday.

Today I pretty much did the same thing, went to Clark-hall to see if it was open, it wasn't again, and niether was the building with the ATM, so I couldn't really do anything. So i went to the other cafeteria, and ordered an extra large Chicken tatuta (yumm!). I got home and after a couple hours changed and wanted to go to the gym, buttttt i got there and it had already closed (at 3 pm)...so I walked home and typed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment